Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fresh State Challenge Day 3: Ring Ring Ring Ring



  • Turning Point - This one is high on my list since my high school years. This organization helps women and their children get out of a domestic abuse in the surrounding area of Tuscaloosa, not just Tuscaloosa alone. They can always use donation.
  • Salvation Army - Not only do I put money in those cans. I have volunteered to ring the bell.
  • Samaritan's Purse - I did volunteer with them when the tornado ripped through my hometown Tuscaloosa. I still give to them even today.
  • Red Cross - I have been donating blood since I was 17 years old, Red Cross trained me to babysit, helped me become a lifeguard. Why would I not give back to them?
  • Toys for Tot - Hunter and I love going shopping for Toys for Tots. We really get into it! We return to our child days and let it explode. The woman at Toys R Us was shocked that we emptied their cart into the Toys for Tots bucket. We made it pile up real high. Trust me there is nothing like doing.
  • Starlight Foundation - I love this foundation. They help children with all kinds of setbacks disease and everything really.
  • Huntsville Animal Shelter - Right now they need blankets and towels. They don't even have to be new but they do need them! I love helping them out. These people do a crazy amazing jobs of making sure the animals in our area are well protected.
  • Fisher House - With my daddy being a Marine and my uncle in the Army I love donating to this. 
  • Ronald McDonald House - My family has used the support of this foundation two separate times. Many times with my cousin having neuroblastoma and the other time with my sister having brain surgery. Plus it's an ADPi thing ;)
  • Candie's Foundation - Their ads in magazines always made me think. Not that it really stopped me from having sex but it did make me more aware of protection.
  • Love 146 - This is a movement I feel very strongly about these children are born with names. And slowly those names turn into numbers. Numbers get sold for money. Money is handed over for sex with the number. And they are just children.
  • The Katie Piper Foundation - I know Hunter and I both have donated to this. Katie was a regular girl and then she was raped and had acid thrown on her face. That scars were awful. We have a close friend that a guy burned her legs and she has lived with those scars all of her life. +Breanna  we love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment