Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 24: When You're The Best of Friends




You have your whole life mapped out on how you want something. You party all the time. You have a job. The world is revolving around you because you have a boyfriend. And, even though you are low on money a lot you still think life is pretty great.

First, cancer strikes your boyfriend. You have to change the map course a little. Your job starts to suffer because you have hangovers a lot. When cancer strikes and your job suffers the money goes even lower. Now you are begging to party but you have no money.

Then your boyfriend decided to dump you and you beg for him not leave. He stays longer until the worst hits. You find him lying big time to you about where he was. Instead of being at work he is hanging out with his friend you hate a lot. Instead not taking a lunch, he was really chatting up that girl that he never told he was taken. You think you can't live without him.

You leave to go see family except your favorite cousin who is clear across the country. You return to find your whole apartment trashed and empty. You finally realize you don't need that garbage in your life even if you feel guilty for him having cancer.

You just pray about where to go next. Your aunt calls telling you she sent a ticket to Seattle for you because your best friend/cousin is depressed from being sick and also needs help moving back to Alabama.

People can say what they want to about but why keep someone in your life that lies about where they are and doesn't have the respect and dignity for you to tell people they are with you. That's just keeping the person unhappy and you as well no matter "how badly" you think you love them or you make things work.

I am so grateful God put my path to intertwine with Hunter's. It hasn't been a perfect path. My heart has been broken again and it took a while to get a solid job. But I don't drink all the time now. My boyfriend now is a wonderful childhood friend who I know won't go off the deep end. I have grown closer to my family. I have new friends that really support me and make me laugh and give me new opportunities that take me to places I never dreamed about going.

But most importantly I have grow closer to God because he showed me that I needed to realize His relationship with me was more important than a relationship on Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment