Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 22: Burn





I still have nightmares about it.

I can feel the anguish when I wake up in a night sweat.

What if that morning it hadn't been my daddy calling me rather the police telling "Are you Carolina Collins? I'm sorry Miss but your family was in terrible house fire last night."

That cripples my heart each time. Yes we lost a lot that night but I still have all of my siblings, even the ones that drive me crazy.

I still even have Georgia that drives me crazy and is totally letting a man rob her from the cradle but I love them both to death.

I am always grateful when I see the twins trying to get in my purse for gum. Or Tex screaming that I treat my cars like my boyfriends.

I don't take my family for granted anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment