Thursday, November 6, 2014

Eight Second Ride

It's pretty cliché to say "Let It Go" now because that's to a character that doesn't actually doesn't let go of her past but learns to accept it and face it. And that's what I am about to do. Facing this is one the biggest thing I have ever done. My life I have a feeling is going to be an eight second ride...


This girl is growing up finally. Does that change me? Sure! As my cousin loves to tell people, "If you have never changed in your life then you live a pretty dull, lonely life." People don't like change because so much is changing around them. I have been one of those people for too long. I have loved the normal and the safe. I push limits where I know that family will reel me in if I need it.

Did you hear that?--- That's the sound of me shutting the door to that part of my life. I am tired of listening to the complainers and the Debbie Downers. I am making me who I want to be! I will probably be more covered up in the future. Maybe, I am finally becoming a classy Southern girl with her pearls not found on her ankle the next morning.

Being single again kind of scares me but at the same time it empowers me. I am not daddy's little girl anymore. My attitude has changed toward life. I made decisions and people made decisions. We all have our faults. Will I make more decisions that are bad? Oh yeah because I am human.

One mistake I am not making anymore? Letting others control me, that is the girl is gone. I am embracing where I am from and the stock that I come from even if that's a tiny town that people think is a town. The land where a tide can roll and an eagle can be all about war. Also the colors auburn and crimson mean something like religion in my neck of the woods.

I have recently started talking to a guy that isn't from Alabama-- That's a first. I have dated from different ethnicities but this is a first. This guy isn't from my country at all so me being so country strikes him big time. He has his idioms and I have mine. Trust me, fixin' to is something I had never really given any thought about until he asked me what did I have to fix.

So I am starting out with something really new. Could this be the biggest mistake of my life? Sure, but will I regret it? Nope. Not one bit, because I am proud of who I was and who I am. Don't like it? Well let's just say this girl knows how to load more than her dishwater and her laundry. I have been able to shoot since the age of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment